Friday, November 9, 2012

We're not all Ken and Barbie


The other day I was talking with a co-worker about how I'm trying to lose those wretched 10 pounds and my husband is working on his tummy. The guy looked at me, shrugged, and said "well, we're not all Ken and Barbie". Amen, brother, we AREN'T all Barbie and Ken. 

It was one of those ah-hah moments!

Yea, I may watch the Real Housewives for entertainment but I'm certainly not one of them. I have a full time job and would rather spend time watching Thomas the Train with my son than work out. Those are the times that I cherish. I may still have those 10 pounds that I struggle with, but I have fulfilling relationship and a husband that I love more than my luggage. 

I'm embracing my newfound confidence and pride with a glass of Malbec. Cheers and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment