Saturday, December 29, 2012

What was that?

One of the most hilarious things about having a 2 year old is how he takes every thing I say out of context. Last night he wanted a candy cane that my step son left in the kitchen. I don't normally like for Baby C to eat that much sugar but I could tell it was going to turn into a battle of wills. I broke off a small piece and he promptly began to make his Klingon face while he began to chew it.

I told him "suck on it" hoping that all the sugar wouldn't remain in his teeth. I don't know if he didn't understand what I was saying or if he was just choosing to ignore me, but he kept chewing and gave me his "you're crazy, lady" stare.

Fast forward to dinner time. We were eating meatloaf. The kid normally can't get enough of any sort of meat product so I was shocked when he protested and didn't want to eat. He looked straight at me and said "suck on it".

That was the last thing in the world I was expecting to hear. Now when your kid says something outrageous I know you are NOT supposed to laugh. But after the 3rd time of him yelling "suck on it", my husband and I burst into laughter.

I guess I'll have to watch my phrasing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment