Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How to wash your face with oil!

I took an aromatherapy class a few weeks ago. While discussing essential oils and their benefits, we discussed skin care. And here's what I learned: Soap is bad for your skin. It strips your skin of it's natural oil and does damage to the top layer of skin. (What the heck, Dove? 1/4 moisturizer, my butt!)

So, what's the best way to wash your face? ... With oil!

My instructor recommended using olive oil to wash your face. At first I thought he was nuts, but after trying this for a week, I can say that my skin looks really good in the morning!

Here's how you wash your face with olive oil:

1) Go into your kitchen and get about 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.

2) Give yourself a little face message with the olive oil - you can even use it to remove your eye makeup.

2) Soak a wash cloth in the hot water.

3) Use the warm wash cloth to gently wipe away the oil. It also feels really good to let the wash cloth stay on your face for a bit and steam those pores.

That's it.

How many times have you purchased something that is expensive and doesn't really clean your skin? If you're like me, the answer is: many times. This solution is cheap and works! What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment